Event Category: Sports
Keystone Pottery Camp is a uniquely designed pottery experience that will serve as an additional fantastic Camp Keystone offering in a day filled with instruction that parallels those of a real art studio. Every participant will experience the most stellar art direction from our talented and highly renowned instructor. Campers will learn various hand building techniques such as slab construction, coiling, pinching as well as sculpture methods, to create one of a kind pieces.
An experience unlike any other, all pottery participants will spend an amazing part of their camp day taking part in our famous Camp Keystone activities including daily time at the 274’ Water slide and Pool, as well as three other activities to round out an perfect Camp Keystone day! With all this wrapped into one fantastic program Keystone Pottery is singularly the most inspiring and exciting by offering the best of every world! For those who prefer Pottery Camp as 2 hour stand alone program, that option is also available.
Type of Projects
• Utilitarian pieces like mugs, cups, bowls, plates, vases, boxes, pots.
• Decorative pieces like wind chimes, wall art, picture frames, signs, magnets, sculpture ( animal figures, monsters, robots, etc)
• We will work on at least one complex piece like a bird house, cool candle holders or a functioning ocarina ( ceramic flute)
• Beautiful bright and colorful lead free, dinnerware safe glazes
State of the Art Pottery Facility
Keystone Pottery Camp is the most unique pottery program in Los Angeles and features the best of the best in pottery making equipment!
• Beautifully appointed air-conditioned pottery studio dedicated just for pottery camp
• State of the art in equipment including wheels and kilns
• Quality tools, and state of the art equipment including slab roller, kiln, and pottery wheels
Summer Camp Schedule: The Greatest of Everything at Camp!
Campers who participate in Keystone Pottery Camp in conjunction with the Camp Keystone day camp program will receive the benefit of a dedicated 2-hour long unique pottery experience combined with 4 traditional camp activities (one of which will always be the pool and water slide),including all special camp programming and offerings as scheduling allows.
Registration must be a minimum of 6 days in order to successfully complete a project. The cost varies based on a stand alone program verses an all inclusive camp day, with Camp Keystone providing transportation or not. Please call the office for details, or visit our website.